Apple Blue Cheese Brussels Sprout Salad is a fresh and healthy way to enjoy brussels sprouts with tangy blue cheese, cranberries, pecans, and a maple vinaigrette.
Happy Friday! I have two more Thanksgiving recipes for you, starting with this Apple Blue Cheese Brussels Sprout Salad. I knowwww a salad on Friday just doesn’t seem fair but honestly, this is a REALLY good salad.
Really, this salad could be served any day of the year. I think it’s particularly fitting for the fall and winter months but I fully support eating this year round.
Brussels sprouts have been one of my favorite (if not my very favorite) vegetable for as long as I can remember. As in, I loved them so much as a kid that my grandparents gave them to me for Christmas.
My method of consumption back as a weird-veggie-loving-kiddo was steamed and doused in butter and salt. Because, butter and salt. Obviously these were the kind from the freezer aisle and thinking about them now makes me crave them a little.
These soggy but buttery brussels sprouts were my gateway into a lifetime of brussels sprout obsession. These days I prefer them roasted or, as in this recipe, raw and shredded. They give the salad a bit more of a chew and definitely more flavor than if you were to use something like mixed greens or romaine.
The shredded brussels sprouts are tossed with a ton of autumn flavors including crisp apples, tangy blue cheese, nutty pecans, and sweet cranberries. Oh and bacon! Do. not. forget. the. bacon!! I really debated on if I should include bacon in this recipe and then I thought – why the heck wouldn’t I?!
The entire Apple Blue Cheese Brussels Sprout Salad is tossed with a simple vinaigrette dressing consisting of olive oil, maple syrup, apple cider vinegar, dijon, and some herbs. It’s simple and pulls everything together just perfect.
Looking for more brussels sprout recipes? Check these out!
Apple Blue Cheese Brussels Sprout SaladPrint Rate
- 6 cups shredded brussels sprouts ~1 3/4 lbs
- 1 apple chopped
- 1/4 red onion sliced
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled
For the dressing:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place shredded brussels sprouts, apple, onion, pecans, and dried cranberries in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously to combine. Alternately, you can whisk it together in a bowl, but I really love the mason jar technique.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. You will have to toss quite a bit to get it evenly distributed.
- Top with blue cheese.
- Serve and enjoy!