Is it obvious yet that I’m ready for winter to be over? I am seriously sick of the cold and (never-ending) snow, and oh-so ready for tank tops, sun dresses, dinners on the patio, long walks with Maddie, and grilling season. But even though the weather hasn’t been cooperating with my readiness for grilling season, I’m still ready for spring and summer food and the snow can’t stop me!
So last week when I had a craving for burgers, I decided to make them indoors. But not just any old burgers. I made fancy burgers with ground chicken, grated apple, bacon, and brie cheese. Take that, winter.
Marc and I both loved these burgers. The lean chicken meat gets a ton of flavor from the bacon and spices, a bit of sweetness from the apples, and the brie cheese goes perfectly on top. Since the grill was unavailable, we made these on the stovetop, but the addition of breadcrumbs and egg binds the chicken mixture together, which would also make them sturdy enough for the grill.
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these, too:
Salsa Ranch Burgers
Buffalo Chicken Burgers
Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Mayo
Black Bean Burgers
apple and brie chicken burgersPrint Rate
- 1 lb ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 white onion diced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Granny Smith apples 1 finely grated, 1 sliced thin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 slices crispy cooked bacon crumbled
- salt & pepper
- Brie cheese sliced (about 4 ounces)
- Ciabatta rolls or hamburger buns
- In large bowl, combine ground chicken, onion, Worcestershire, finely grated apply, thyme, garlic powder, onion powder, breadcrumbs, egg, and bacon.
- Make sure everything is well combined.
- Form into 4 patties, about 1/2" thick.
- In large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add patties and cook one side 4-5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Flip patty over, add brie cheese, then cover and cook another 4-5 minutes, until no longer pink.
- Serve on bun topped with sliced apples.