Move over bacon wrapped chestnuts! There’s a new favorite bacon-wrapped appetizer in town – Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites.
It’s not really “appetizer season” right now, but we could all use a little bit of bacon-wrapped goodness in our lives, don’t you think? Let’s just go with that.
I typically think that so-called appetizer season starts precisely with football season and ends after the holidays. Since I’m shoving an obvious bite-sized, finger-food appetizer in your face today, let’s talk about other times it’s appropriate to eat these delicious sweet and spicy bacon wrapped chicken bites.
Five Times to Make the Bites
1) Lunch. I say this because that’s when we ate them. Straight off the pan, “mmm-ing” the entire time because they were so good. Though I would recommend sitting down with them on a plate, maybe with some veggies to balance out that bacon. Do as I say, not as I do.
2) A tapas and wine party. These might not be super fancy, but everyone will happily eat them up while sipping on their wine.
3) Mid-afternoon snack. Protein is all the rage these days and these are pretty much protein wrapped in protein. Bacon-wrapped chicken bites > rice cakes. p.s. Does anyone even still eat rice cakes?
4) While grilling out. The grill might be occupied so why not make use of the oven and whip up a batch of these to munch on while waiting for those burgers to cook? I think these could also work well on a grill, as long as you put then on some foil or in a grill pan and make sure you check them every 5 minutes or so, to make sure they’re not burning.
5) Movie night. Give me a plate of these bad boys, a bowl of popcorn, and some peanut butter M&M’s and I’d be one happy girl.
So there ya have it. Five appropriate times to make these delicious little bundles of bacon other than between the months of September and December.
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
But really – you don’t need a specific reason to make these. They are every bit of delicousness that you could imagine. Not only is there bacon (duh) but they are dipped in a mixture of brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, cayenne, garlic, and onion powder, and baked to perfection.
The end result is sweet, spicy, and smoky, and simply irresistible.
So tell me – when would YOU make these?
P.S. Follow my Pinterest account for more recipe ideas!