When Amanda of i am baker posted the idea of doing an appreciation post for the significant others of food bloggers on the Facebook group “Food Bloggers Helping Each Other” I jumped at the chance to participate. Seriously, these guys and gals deserve a
little lot appreciation! It might seem pretty awesome to be married to a food blogger…you know, elaborate dinners on the table every night and desserts galore, but I’ve got news for ya: it’s not always like that. There’s definitely some baggage that comes along with it too. To give you a little insight into what it’s like to be married to a food blogger, I’m going to play a little game called “You Know You’re Married To A Food Blogger When…” today and oh, and there’s a little Q&A with Marc too.
You know you’re married to a food blogger when…your significant other bakes brownies but unfortunately for you the lighting wasn’t right today to take pictures, so you can’t eat the brownies until tomorrow.
You know you’re married to a food blogger when…your significant other tells you that you can only eat the ugly cookies, because the good looking ones are for pictures.
You know you’re married to a food blogger when…dinner is done being cooked but you know you won’t be eating for another 15 minutes until the pictures are taken.
You know you’re married to a food blogger when…during that 15 minutes of waiting for pictures to be taken, you’re expected to help hold the reflective white board, blow the steam out of the way, or help with an action shot.
You know you’re married to a food blogger when…you get interviewed at dinnertime about what you think of the meal. There is likely a notepad on the dinner table for quotes.
You know you’re married to a food blogger when…you know not to start eating at a restaurant until pictures can be taken of everything to be Instagrammed.
You know you’re married to a food blogger when…it’s not strange to hear her refer to her food blogger friends by their blog names instead of their real names, as if then you will know who she is talking about. (You won’t.)
And finally, you know you’re married to a food blogger when…you can’t just have tacos for dinner. You have to have browned butter buffalo chicken quinoa tacos for dinner. Or whatever food craze is trending at the moment.
And now, a few questions for Marc.
1. What is your significant other’s favorite blog called? greens & chocolate (note: Marc read the question wrong and thought he was being asked what his favorite blog is called. Major husband points for him)
2. What is their favorite prop? She has an entire room of props and I just stay out of that room.
3. What is the weirdest thing you have seen your spouse do for a blog post? We stopped at a coffee shop in the middle of a backpacking trip so she could finish a blog post.
4. If you could have your own blog what would you call it? Greens & Chocolate Food Taster
5. What do you do for a living and what are your hobbies? I’m an emergency medicine resident physician. In my (very little) free time I like running, biking, skiing, backpacking, and hanging out with my beautiful wife.
Check out what other bloggers made for their significant others!
Amy from Very Culinary shared a Fabulous Video!
Cassie from Bake Your Day made Something Fabulous
Jamie from Thrifty Veggie Mama made Something Fabulous
Kristy from Sweet Treats & More made Something Fabulous
Julie from Julie’s Eats and Treats made Something Fabulous