Make a huge batch of Toddler Friendly Banana Oatmeal Pancakes and be a hit with your family at breakfast time!
When it comes to eating, I’d say my toddler is pretty average. He doesn’t have an amazing appetite that I can brag to you all about, but he’s not refusing everything I put in front of him, either.
He’s more in the middle where 60% of the time he will eat what we put in front of him. Unless it’s meat. He’s in a vegetarian phase right now. The other 40% of the time, he wants nothing to do with food. I’ve read it’s pretty normal for toddlers to go through phases like this, so I’m not worried. I have to say, though, as someone who shows their love through food, it’s a little sad when he won’t even try something I made for him. And a little annoying.
Okay, a lot annoying. I mean CMON JUST EAT THE DANG SCRAMBLED EGGS YOU TOLD ME YOU WANTED! p.s. I don’t really yell at him like that. I just say it in my head as he throws it on the ground or feeds it to the dog.
So what I’m trying to say is that it helps to have some go-to meals that I can feed him in times of desperation. For breakfast, this is pancakes.
Since pancakes aren’t necessarily an “every day” kind of a thing to whip up, I have made a habit of making a huge batch every couple of months. Then I’ll package them up in plastic baggies and freeze them for the mornings when scrambled eggs are just not cutting it.
Of course, these aren’t only for toddlers. They are tasty enough for the whole family. The reason I label them as “toddler friendly” is because they are made with ground oats, whole wheat flour, bananas, and no refined sugar. High five!
I top Lars’ pancakes with yogurt but I like to top mine with maple syrup (perks of being an adult).
Like I said, this recipe makes a lot of pancakes. I make ours pretty small so they are “toddler sized”, so if you make larger pancakes, it will obviously make less pancakes. Regardless, this will feed a crowd! Or just one hungry toddler 😉