Sorry to bombard you with sugar and butter two posts in a row but I went on a little baking spree this weekend and am just too excited to share these cookies with you to wait one second longer. They’re just the cutest most adorable teeny tiny cookies you’ve ever seen, aren’t they?!
I wanted a cookie that would resemble Trader Joe’s Crispy Crunchy Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies…have you had them? They are insanely addictive. We love them in the g&c household but cannot be trusted around an entire tub. Okay, it’s probably just me that can’t be trusted around them. They’re the type of treat that I “buy for Marc” and then end up eating most of. Hate/love when that happens. Anyways, I was hoping for exactly what Trader Joes’ version promises – a crispy and crunchy mini chocolate chip cookie that you can grab a handful of whenever you please. Since I was hoping for a crispy cookies, I was a little disappointed when they came out of the oven all soft and chewy. Delicious, yes, but not crispy and crunchy.
Flash forward 1 day later when I spied the 4 remaining teeny tiny cookies from the night before cookie-fest we had and decided to pop one in my mouth for a pre-breakfast snack. And dontcha know…they were crunchy! Turns out you have to cool them completely, instead of eating them straight from the baking pan, for maximum crunchy results. Don’t get me wrong – these are delicious straight from the oven, but if you want crispy-crunchy cookies, wait for them to cool completely. If you want chewy cookies, eat them immediately from the oven. If you want them both ways, eat them all the live long day.
Either way, I love these cookies. While they were a bit time consuming with rolling out teeny tiny cookie after teeny tiny cookie, I loved their cuteness and their snack-factor. For some reason when something is mini I feel it is a more acceptable snack than it’s normal-sized counter part. It is, right? That’s what I thought.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- In large bowl, beat together butter with brown sugar and white sugar until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add flour, cake flour, salt, and baking soda, and beat until combined.
- Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Scoop ~ 1/2 tsp cookie dough balls onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Lightly press down, flattening each cookie slightly.
- Bake in preheated oven 5-6 minutes, until golden brown on the edges.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- Enjoy by the handful!
recipe from Yammie’s Noshery