I haven’t mentioned it yet but this spring is going to bring lots of changes in the g&c household. For one, Marc is finishing up his residency in June, starting a new job in August and working a whole lot less. Okay, that’s three things. Three very big things. The fourth biggie is that we will hopefully be buying our first house. We’ve been looking for about a month and now that we’ve had a look at quite a few houses, we sort of know what are our “must-haves” and what we could do without.
Here is my wish list:
1. Backyard for Maddie. Not only will she have a place to run around, hide bones, dig holes, and take herself to the bathroom, but we won’t have to take her for multiple walks on -20 degree winter days. Win, win.
2. A stove with a range so I never have smell like salmon for 2 days straight after cooking it for dinner.
3. A hallway closet that opens easily without having to put my body weight into the doorknob.
4. At least one room with great light for food photography.
5. Storage, storage, storage! For all of my kitchen appliances, of course.
6. A non-scary basement.
Thats not too much to ask, is it? Obviously I probably won’t get everything on my wish list but a girl can dream, right?
This has nothing to do with this dip but I made it a month ago for the Super Bowl and somehow between Valentine’s Day desserts and healthy soup I forgot all about it. Don’t let that make you think this isn’t worth making because it definitely is.
I was inspired to make it by a dip that Trader Joe’s has that is so, so good and I think I nailed it. How could a creamy Gorgonzola dip be bad?! Especially when you add toasted pecans. It truly is a simple yet incredibly flavorful dip, perfect for casual Super Bowl parties or even fancier dinner parties.