See that? Up there. And down there. That is what I like to call a supper spoiler. Here’s what happened: I ate a big breakfast in typical Sunday fashion, I had no appetite for lunch, then around 3 I got ravenous. Not wanting to eat a typical lunch and spoil my appetite for dinner (ha) I made this Chex Mix. Then I couldn’t stop eating this Chex Mix and plans for dinner were out the window. Hate when that happens.
I’m a total sucker for good old fashioned chex mix but today I was feeling something a little different. Something zestier. As it happened, this ranch seasoned chex mix was on the back of the Corn Chex box. It looked super easy but of course I had to change it up a little bit. I added a bit more butter and also baked it instead of the microwave method that was suggested on the back of the box. There’s something about the extra depth and crispiness that the step of baking adds that I can’t resist.
This version of chex mix is absolutely irresistible. A little too irresistible to me, apparently. It’s full of ranch flavor and lots of crunchiness, and it would be perfect for afternoons full of afternoons of watching football this fall.
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup Cheese Goldfish
- 1 cup cashews
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 package Ranch seasoning
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine Chex, Goldfish, and cashews in large bowl.
- Pour melted butter over mixture and stir well.
- Toss well with Ranch seasoning.
- Pour onto prepared baking pan and bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes.
- Let cool completely and store in airtight container.