For those of you that have been reading greens & chocolate for awhile now, first of all thank you!! Secondly, you might have noticed a little change around here lately. The biggest and most obvious change is the blog design. When I switched from blogger to WordPress the blog design I previously had wasn’t compatible with WordPress so in a way, this change was not a choice, but I am so happy it happened. The design isn’t the only change going on around here, so I thought I’d give you a little guide to navigating the new g&c.
- The Recipe Index: now up and running! Thanks to the help of wonderful and amazing mom, I fixed all of the broken link and links that had to be re-directed. It was a major headache but now I can confidently say you can browse to your hearts desire through my Recipe Index.
- Printable recipes: you can print my recipes now! Through ZipList, my recipes will now be able to be Saved and Printed. While I haven’t converted all of my recipes to the ZipList format, every new recipe will be printable and savable through ZipList and I will work to get all of my old recipes switched over to.
- New features: comin’ at ya are restaurant reviews and a weekly feature called Friday Faves! Friday Faves will include my favorite recipes, outfits, quotes, really anything of the week. I’ve seen other bloggers do similar features and I love reading them, so I figured I’d give it a shot too. I hope you will love it too!
- Featured Posts: fun scrolling pictures! I think most of the time the featured posts will be the most recent recipes that I have posted, but like I did for Valentine’s Day, I will often feature recipes that are holiday or season related. Hopefully this will help bring out some of the oldies but goodies too!
- Other fun things: social media buttons at the top and my latest Instagram pictures on the side. Follow me!
- Another note: I think there was something happening that was preventing people from commenting, but (fingers crossed) I think I fixed it. So prove me right and comment on your thoughts on the new look and features. Is there anything else you’d like to see on g&c?!
I think that’s all for now, but as more new and improved things happen, I will surely let you know. Now, for the cookies! Oh boy, are they good! After a particularly indulgent week last week with a fun blogger dinner, Valentine’s Day and a weekend full of eating out, I wanted to bake something healthy. This cookie is just what I was dreaming of – full of oats, whole wheat flour, very little oil and sugar, and just a touch of chocolate! Plus it is just bursting with the flavors of peanut butter and banana. They are also very sturdy with the oats, but incredibly soft and moist too from the addition of the peanut butter and banana. They are the perfect little treat when you’re wanting something sweet but don’t want to over-do it with the butter and sugar.
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love these, too: