Now, onto the goodies I received! The first package I received was from one of my very favorite bloggers, Natalie from The Sweets Life! I’ve followed Natalie’s blog for years and I’m pretty sure if we lived in the same city we’d be bff’s. She sent Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies and holy cow were they good. Melt-in-your-mouth good. They would be perfect for a Christmas cookie platter!
The second and third packages both came on the same day, which I found out when Marc called me to say that I “got cookies in the mail and they’re really good.” Thanks honey, for opening my packages for me. Rebeka from Kvetchn Kitchen made Chocolate Coconut Pinwheel Cookies that were not only gorgeous, but also delicious! I loved the combination of chocolate and coconut and while they were very firm, they were chewy in a way, too. The only downside, is that they were seriously addictive. Dangerously yummy!
Lastly, Sarah from Both Sides Now sent me Ooey Gooey Chocolate Cookies, and these were truly meant for the chocolate lover in me. They tasted just like a brownie, but in cookie form. Does it get any better than that? I can’t wait to get this recipe!
- ¾ cup (1½ sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 small package chocolate instant pudding mix, dry
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1¼ cup Andes Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips (or Andes Peppermint Crunch Candies, chopped)
- ¾cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar, and sugar with electric mixer.
- Add pudding mix and mix until well combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking soda, then add to wet ingredients.
- Fold in Andes chips and chocolate chips.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in preheated oven 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack to cool completely.