Big happenings in the Ellingson/soon-to-be Ellingson household today…we’re getting a puppy!! After a month of
begging, pleading, persuading discussing getting a dog with Marc, we finally decided we are ready for a dog. We pick her up this afternoon and after that, life will never be the same. In a good way!
I’m guessing our new addition will be taking up a lot of our free time, so we will need lots of quick and easy meals…like this one! The sauce takes just a minute to whip up, and besides frying up some bacon, all you need to do it cook the pasta. Marc and I both raved about this pasta and even though we were both “not that hungry” and wanted “just a light dinner” we finished off the entire pot of pasta. I guess this was a good thing, since the original recipe states the leftovers don’t keep well or reheat due to the avocado in the sauce.
- Avocado, Bacon, and Tomato Pasta
- makes about 2 servings
- adapted from Oh She Glows
- 1 avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz (2 servings) spaghetti pasta
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tomato, diced
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Bring pot of water to boil in medium pot. Add pasta, reduce heat, and cook according to directions on package.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt, basil, and olive oil into a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the avocado and process until well blended and smooth.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain and place in large bowl.
- Toss with sauce until well combined.
- Lastly, top with bacon crumbles, tomatoes, and Parmesan cheese.