Hi everyone! I am Claire from Claire Cooks and I am super excited to be guest posting today! I clearly LOVE food (hence my blog and big ole booty). Most of my day is consumed thinking about my next meal or what I will be whipping up throughout the week.
I recently made these little bite sized goodies and let me tell you, they were PERFECT. They are a great treat for your next shindig or to keep in your apartment to help pretend you can handle portion control.
The best part about this recipe is that the sky is the limit! You can mix and match cake and icing flavors as well as the outer shells. You can roll them in tons of different toppings such as nuts, sprinkles, coconut, or double dipped in white and dark chocolates with delicious drizzles!
1 box chocolate cake (cook as directed on box for 13 X 9 cake)
1 can chocolate frosting (16 oz.)
1 package chocolate bark
1. After cake is cooked and cooled completely, crumble into large bowl.
2. Mix thoroughly with 1 can of frosting in a stand mixer.
3. Roll mixture into quarter size balls and lay on cookie sheet.
4. Chill for several hours in the freezer.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave per directions on package until creamy and fully melted.
6. Drop and roll the balls in the melted chocolate and lay on wax paper. Quickly decorate with groovy sprinkles and set aside until firm. **Using a spoon to dip and roll in chocolate helps, followed by tapping off extra chocolate.