buffalo chicken burgers with blue cheese slaw

I read a lot (a LOT!) of food blogs and can’t help but notice all of the cool features that other blogs have that I don’t.  Things like easy to use comment forms, lists of most popular posts, Facebook “like it” buttons, and Twitter buttons just to name a few.  In an effort to make greens & chocolate a little more technologically advanced, I decided to add a new feature to my posts.  It’s called Link Within and it’s supposed to relate my current blog post to similar posts from the past.  I figured this would be a great way for older posts to be “featured again.”

As I sat down last weekend determined to bedazzle my blog, I prepared myself for an hour of figuring out how to get this little feature to work.  Who would’ve known it was actually really simple and would take me less than 5 minutes to install? Feeling quite proud of myself, I opened my blog to see what posts were “linked” to my current post.  My Chocolate and Pecan Cheesecake Bars were similar to Chicken Pot Pie, Creamy Avocado Dip, and Turkey Burgers with Chipotle Mayo.  What the heck?!  Last I checked, if I was craving chocolate cheesecake bars, I wasn’t also in the mood for pot pie.  But that’s just me.

Oh well.  I’m keeping the program at the bottom of each post because, well, it’s my blog and I still think its a cool feature.  And actually, I’ve noticed the posts have gotten more relevant the longer I’ve had it installed.  Maybe it takes awhile for it to become familiar with the posts?  Who knows.

Oh, and these buffalo chicken burgers?  Deeeee-lish!  The burgers have all of the great flavor of buffalo chicken wings without the deep fried calories and are accompanied by crunchy and tangy blue cheese slaw that goes perfectly on top of the burgers or as a side dish.  I wonder what these will be linked to?  I’m guessing Brownie Bottomed Nutella Cheesecake Bars or Blueberry Muffins.  Naturally.

Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Blue Cheese Slaw
adapted from allrecipes.com

2 cups coleslaw mix
1/4 cup mayonnaise (I used olive oil reduced fat mayo)
1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste

1 lb ground chicken
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tablespoon italian seasoning
1/4 cup buffalo wing sauce
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 green onions, chopped

To make blue cheese slaw: combine mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, blue cheese, parsley, and salt and pepper in bowl.  Add coleslaw mix and stir until well combined.  Cover and let chill in fridge for a few hours.

To make burgers: combine chicken, salt, italian seasoning, wing sauce, Parmesan cheese, and green onions in bowl and mix well.  Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook the burgers for 5-6 minutes on each side.

When burgers are finished, serve on bun topped with blue cheese slaw.

related posts:

Comments

1. says

Kudos on figuring out the Link Within! When I did mine I thought it was going to be much more complicated also and I was very excited when it was easy! I think mine gets confused sometimes too…I don’t think enchiladas and pumpkin bread have anything in common…

My boyfriend makes something similar to this and he raves about it, maybe I will have to try it with a bean burger of some sort!

2. says

Thanks for dropping by today :) I like the LinkWithin feature, too. It’s not always relevant (like you said), but it gets people clicking around and exploring your site. :)

I love your blogging “platform” (for lack of a better word), about eating healthy with occasional indulgences. My thoughts exactly :)

3. says

I’m often scratching my head at what the LinkWithin feature thinks are similar items. But I’m still glad we have it. And often times on other blogs, something else will catch my eye on those little thumbnails that makes me explore the site a little further.

Oh and these chicken burgers look divine.

4. says

I’ve wondered about the “link within” feature I’m glad it worked out and was easy to do-might have to add it to my blog too:)
    These burgers sound delish!!

5. says

i have always wondered how ppl do that! You are soo much better at that stuff than me! I couldnt even figure out the mclinky trick! :)

lord knows i need to bedazzle my blog..I am thinking of a total makeover- I havent always LOVED the design.

6. says

i feel ya on the cool gadgets. i have many more i want to add, i just don’t feel like taking the time right now to figure out 1. how to install them and 2. how they work. i’ve considered the linked within button, just haven’t installed it.

btw, i love your blog template and colour scheme

7. says

HA the brownie button nutella cheesecake squares ARE on there! too funny :) i have the same gadget and i’ve noticed the same inaccuracies. oh well!

these burgers look great!

8. says

Great post, thanks for the morning laugh! I’m still laughing because your chicken burgers are linked to your lemon blueberry streusel bars right now, lol! The same thing happens to me, I give up! Your chicken burgers sound amazing, especially with the blue cheese slaw. My husband would go nuts over this burger. Yum!!

9. says

This is so right up my alley! I love buffalo anything and of course its blue cheese accompaniment! I, too, see all the cool features other blogs have and want to spiff mine up. Thanks for the tip on LinkWithin – it looks cool (and it apparently REALLY likes your chicken pot pie as it’s recommending in this post!).